T2pm, Limited is seeking a Design Director to lead and grow its creative team.
The Design Director will report directly to the company leadership, and lead and run the design team. Leadership will work together in hiring new talent and distributing projects to designers. The individual selected for this opportunity will be responsible primarily for (1) developing proposals and presentations and (2) executing marketing duties – that is, clearly articulating and growing T2pm’s service offerings.
- Are a dedicated, confident, and driven self-starter
- Think creatively and originally while also operating collaboratively within a team
- Pursue excellent standards in professional design
- Deliver topnotch customer service
- Exhibit utmost professionalism and integrity
- Work respectfully with both customers and team members
- Have experience leading and operating an interior design department successfully
…then we would like to meet you.
T2pm, Limited is organized around a highly collaborative studio leadership model, reflecting its core values and working style. The Design Director will work in tandem with other colleagues to achieve goals related to project process and quality, while satisfying client requirements. “Facilitating project success” the hallmark of all T2pm projects, guides everything we do as a company. This is a senior level leadership position that also has potential to enter into company partnership.
As a member of our leadership, the Design Director will collaborate with the executive team in recognizing, recruiting, and nurturing new talent.
In this role, the chosen candidate will orchestrate the work of project teams focused on design, development, and delivery of outstanding solutions for the many dimensions of client work.
The Design Director may be involved with projects from the conceptual design through completion of construction and installation. Throughout a project life cycle, this individual will work directly with the client, team members, and a wide range of consultants and collaborators both internal and external. In addition to direct project involvement, the Design Director will build and sustain client relationships.
In this position, you will:
• Regularly interface with customers and deliver quality customer service
• Represent the organization by way of exhibiting utmost professional behavior and a client-centered mindset
• Manage scope, schedule, and budget constraints
• Identify, locate, research, and produce solutions to programmatic challenges
• Conduct programming interviews to achieve the customers’ requirements and spatial characteristics; translate and synthesize end-user requirements into spatial programs
• Coordinate production schedules and meet deadlines
• Demonstrate your ability to space plan through sketching
• Develop customer-centered designs based on code compliance, complex work flows, circulation, and industry standards
• Recognize how the combination of space, light, shadow, color, texture, pattern, scale, and proportion enhances or detracts from a design
• Anticipate how selected finishes, FF&E, and design elements will impact budget
• Oversee construction documents that accurately coordinate with all disciplines relevant to the project
• Improve processes, standards, and production methodologies
• Exhibit resourcefulness and an awareness of how, where, and when to accomplish challenges
• Work with AHJ’s and Code Officials to reach resolution on technical challenges
• Perform Quality Control and Quality Assurance reviews
• Draft detailed specifications
• Stay abreast in industry research, trends, and furniture solutions spanning multiple design categories
• Pursue professional development via cross-training in related interior disciplines
• Conduct interviews for incoming design professionals
• Lead training, development, and mentorship for less seasoned interior designers
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture from an accredited university; Master’s degree in Interior Design is beneficial but not required
• Minimum 7 years’ work at an architecture firm producing drawings and interfacing with architects and engineers
• NCIDQ certified
• Diverse interior design project experience encompassing healthcare, higher education, corporate, and senior living (healthcare experience required)
• Experience marketing and networking within the industry
• Fluency in Building Information Modeling (BIM) Software, 3-D programs, and CADD
• Working knowledge of Building Codes, Americans with Disabilities Act, Building Performance Standards, FGI Guidelines, and Green Building Standards
• Ability to produce set of interior design construction documents that fully coordinate with architecture and engineering documents
• Excellence in all components of Microsoft Office
• Capable of “holding your own” in a room of experienced architects, engineers, facilities professionals, and project managers; highly competent and confident design professional
• Management skills leading a team, including mentoring, workload distribution, and quality control
• A thought-leader and well-respected in the industry
• A team-oriented personality and a collaborative mindset
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
Our culture is casual, collaborative, and open. We value people who have a positive impact on those around them. We are proud to offer competitive compensation, health and retirement benefits, and growth opportunities. We also highly encourage our employees to engage in our local community organizations through community service experiences.
To apply, please submit your resume, a cover letter, and three work samples to email@example.com.
About the Company
T2pm, Limited is a project management firm that also specializes in Commercial Interior Design, Strategic Facilities Planning, Relocation Management, and Facilities Services. Our customers range from private Fortune 50 customers, higher education, medical, financial, retail, federal, and state. We are a majority women-owned business and a registered historically underutilized business (HUB). T2pm, Limited is located in Winston-Salem, NC, at 842 West 4th Street in Historic West End. Parking is onsite and free to employees.
Our market coverage spans Southern Virginia and the Carolinas, though majority of our work falls in the Piedmont and mountain regions of North Carolina. Travel is predominately local day trips but may include overnight stays. However, as our markets continue expanding, national travel may be required.